The hacker presented on his plans for OpenJailbreak at WWJC and the http://www.openjailbreak.org website went live yesterday.
What will it contain?
● Open source components from both greenpois0n and absinthe jailbreaks.
● Bug, issue, and feature tracking so even non-developers can contribute.
● Wikis, forums, and documents to help new users learn how to use components.
Why give away all this code?
● There’s simply too much of it to continue managing it on my own.
● Hopefully others will step in and help remove some of the burden off of us.
● Free up a lot of our time and effort of development so we can focus of finding new vulnerabilities and exploits.
There are currently 6 projects posted online, and a dozen others planned.
Projects posted so far:
● libmbdb-1.0 – A library and utilities for modifying backups from iOS devices.
● libmacho-1.0 – A library and utilities for modifying and parsing Apple Mach-O executable files.
● libimg3-1.0 – A library and utilities for parsing and decrypting iOS IMG3 files.
● libdyldcache-1.0 – A library and utilities for parsing and manipulating iOS dynamic linker shared cache.
● libirecovery-2.0 – A library and utilities for interacting with iOS low level bootloaders.
● libcrippy-1.0 – A library containing all the common shared code for libraries.
Projects to come:
● libafc-1.0 – A library and utilities for communicating with iOS AFC service.
● libipsw-1.0 - A library and utilities for parsing and and extracting iOS IPSW files.
● libtss-1.0 - A library and utilities for requesting and receiving TSS request from Apple.
● libbbfw-1.0 – A library and utilities for parsing and signing iOS baseband firmware file.
● libsyringe-1.0 – A library and utilities for injecting BootROM exploits and loading unsigned firmware.
● libanthrax-1.0 – A library and utilities creating and running code in ramdisks on iOS.
● libcyanide-1.0 – A library and utilities for parsing and manipulating iOS dynamic linker shared cache.
● libabsinthe-1.0 – A library to integrate the various components of absinthe and evasi0n.
● libidevicerestore-1.0 – A library and utilities for restoring or updating from IPSWs.
● libidevicebackup-1.0 – A library and utilities for backing up and restoring MobileDevice backups.
● libideviceinstall-1.0 – A library and utilities for installing applications to the device.
● libideviceactive-1.0 – A library and utilities for requesting activation tickets from Apple.
OpenJailbreak is primarily for developers, security researchers, and jailbreak creators but anyone can check out the site linked below...