As expected the side bezels are narrower than the current generation iPad. The site also notes that there are two connectors rather than one and that the connectors have been changed from flat flexible cable to flexible printed circuits.
Our supplier claims this is the new iPad 5 Screen/Digitizer:
- The display area is the same as the iPad Retina.
- The edges of the frame are narrower using the same style as the iPad mini.
- The ITO (Indium tin oxide) is the same as the iPad mini.
- There is now 2 connectors instead of 1.
- The connectors have been changed from FFC (Flat Flexible Cable, like the iPad 2/3/4) to FPC (Flexible Printed Circuits, like the iPhone 4/5).
Take a look at the photos below. Apple is rumored to be unveiling the iPad 5 next month. You might also be interested in checking out this video that was posted on YouTube by Japanese blog Mac Otakara and allegedly shows a next generation iPad with a translucent Apple logo and thinner bezels.
Read More [via Shane]