iPad Hacked to Run Multiple Apps Side by Side


Yes, and it actually works! I've wasted plenty of time already playing 2 games of Angry Birds at the same time. (I actually was playing 3 for a while, but it crashed when I tried to add a 4th). There are a few bugs, such as audio not working, and accelerometer events not getting sent to applications; it may take a while to sort these out. The bottom right button turns on "edit mode" which allows you to rearrange applications, and rotate them (Angry Birds normally runs in landscape, here they're turned). I'm debating on if I should go for the typical desktop feel or make it more SpringBoard-like and keep apps in preset locations. I probably won't have time to really polish this up and release for a few months, but I'll keep hacking away at it and possibly post updates every now and then. Performance is actually pretty good, definitely useable.

Ash is planning to attend the jailbreak meetup in New York and says he'll let a few people try it there if they wanted to.

Read More [via MacStories]


0 comments:

 
 iPhone © 2012 | Designed by LogosDatabase.com, in collaboration with Credit Card Machines, Corporate Headquarters and Motivational Quotes