Geohot Shuts Down His iPhone Blog

Geohot has shut down the iPhone blog he used to announce and release jailbreaks over the past few years.

Visiting the site now says, "This blog is open to invited readers only".

This comes after his 
recent announcement of achieving a jailbreak for the iPhone 4 without plans for public release was met with a lot of negativity.

His last update to the blog read:

Sorry, this post was probably a bad idea. Next time I won’t say anything. I miss when this blog was actually about technical things(I’ve been reacting too much to the feedback, which led it to the place it’s in now). I didn’t fully realize most of the current scene don’t care unless they are getting something. Now I do. It’s late tonight, I’ll think about what to do about this in the morning.

The real reason behind no release isn’t technical. It’s just that it will never stop, after blackra1n, people demand unlock, after blacksn0w, people demand untethered. I miss the days when jailbreaking and unlocking were difficult, it attracted a much higher caliber crowd.

Also, to the haters, the picture is quite obviously fake :D
Read More






0 comments:

 
 iPhone © 2012 | Designed by LogosDatabase.com, in collaboration with Credit Card Machines, Corporate Headquarters and Motivational Quotes